Criminal Defense Attorneys
Trusted criminal defense lawyer serving Fairfax, VA and surrounding areas
There are few more stressful or frightening experiences than being arrested and charged with a crime. Your freedom and your future may be at stake. You do not have to go up against prosecutors alone. If you or your loved one is facing a criminal charge, it is imperative that you hire an attorney who will fight vigorously for your rights and who will work with you to help understand the consequences and take action to find the best path forward.
At Leary Law, P.C., our Fairfax criminal defense lawyers are skilled and reliable advocates for our clients. With extensive experience in state and federal courts, we will put in the time, energy, and resources to help get you the best outcome. If you have any questions about your case, we are here to get you answers. To set up a free, completely confidential consultation with a top-rated Virginia criminal defense attorney, please contact our Fairfax law office today.
We Fight For You—An Overview of Our Criminal Defense Practice
With multiple decades of trial experience, we handle the full range of criminal charges. From our law offices in Fairfax and Manassas, our criminal defense attorneys are well-positioned to represent clients throughout Northern Virginia. Obtaining effective, experienced legal counsel is extremely important to gain a proper understanding of your rights under the law and to ensure that your rights and your future are fully protected. Whether your situation involves complex charges resulting from a state or federal criminal investigation, or felony or misdemeanor charges filed in a local jurisdiction, Leary Law has proven experience necessary to represent and protect your interests. Among other types of charges, our Fairfax criminal defense attorneys can help with:
- DWI, Reckless Driving and Traffic Offenses — Drunk driving charges and other criminal traffic offenses should not be taken lightly. The firm handles all matters related to traffic infractions and violations, including drunk driving, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, and driving without a license. If you or your loved one was charged with a DWI or reckless driving in Northern Virginia, call our criminal defense lawyers for immediate help.
- Drug Crimes — A conviction on drug charges can carry serious criminal penalties, including large fines and significant jail time. At Leary Law, our Virginia criminal defense lawyers handle all matters related to drug crimes, including possession, manufacturing, distribution, trafficking and other state and federal drug charges. We are ready to take immediate action to protect your future and your freedom.
- Expungements — Under Virginia law, you may be eligible to get certain criminal records sealed to the public, such as arrest records that did not lead to a conviction. Our firm helps people like you erase their criminal pasts or keep embarrassing information out of the public domain. If you have questions about what types of records can be expunged in Virginia, call our defense lawyer for help.
- Violent Crimes — In Virginia, most violent crimes are charged as felony offenses. Further, state and federal prosecutors tend to be especially aggressive in pursuing these cases. You need a strong, forceful advocate in your corner. We handle all matters related to violent crimes, including murder, manslaughter, gun crimes, malicious wounding, unlawful wounding, assault, domestic violence, robbery, burglary, breaking and entering and other serious misdemeanor and felony offenses in both state and federal courts. Call our Fairfax or Manassas office now to get immediate help with your case.
- Sex Offenses — No crimes carry a greater stigma than sex offenses. We firmly believe that everyone deserves their day in court and should get an opportunity to clean their good name. Our Virginia criminal defense attorneys offer aggressive representation in all matters related to sex offenses, including sexual assault, rape, date rape, possession, production and distribution of child pornography. During a strictly confidential criminal defense consultation, we will review your case, explain your options, and help you take action to protect your rights.
- Probation Violations — A probation violation is not a minor issue. Depending on the circumstances, there could be serious consequences—potentially including probation being revoked. The firm handles all probation violations for adults and juveniles. We also have experience with both technical probation violations and new law probation violations. Call us now for immediate help.
- Fraud Crimes — The firm handles all matters related to white collar crimes, including fraud, false pretenses, credit card fraud, health care fraud, mail fraud, embezzlement, computer crimes, tax fraud, forgery and uttering, identity theft, fake IDs and other white collar crimes. As fraud crimes frequently involve complicated facts, it is crucial that your case is comprehensively investigated by a qualified professional. Our Virginia fraud defense lawyers are ready to help.
- Juvenile Offenses — Was your child or teenage family member arrested and charged with a crime in Northern Virginia? If so, we are prepared to help. Through the juvenile justice system, you can protect your child’s futures. Many rehabilitative options are available—but you need to know how to navigate the system. Our firm defends your rights in all juvenile criminal matters, both misdemeanors and felonies, including drug offenses, alcohol offenses, sex crimes, violent offenses, and property and theft crimes.
- Larceny and Theft — Leary Law handles all theft and larceny offenses, including burglary, grand and petit larceny, carjacking, shoplifting, auto theft and embezzlement. If you were arrested on larceny charges, embezzlement charges, or any other type of theft charges, our Virginia criminal defense attorneys can help.
Recognized Trial Skills And A Respected Reputation
If you have been charged with a crime, you must hire skilled, dedicated and experienced representation. You want to have a criminal defense lawyer with whom you are comfortable, but most importantly an attorney who will handle your case properly and with a dedication to protecting your rights and ensuring that you understand all aspects of your circumstances.
We want to make sure that everyone has the knowledge and tools that they need to understand their charges and protect their legal rights. If you want more information, we encourage you to review our criminal defense FAQs for Virginians. If you have any specific questions about your case, please do not hesitate to call us for a free, strictly confidential initial consultation.
Our attorneys have tried state and federal court bench and jury trials in criminal matters ranging from traffic offenses to serious felonies. We have litigated cases in the state courts of every jurisdiction in Northern Virginia, the District of Columbia, the United States 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Contact Experienced Fairfax And Manassas Criminal Defense Lawyers
At Leary Law, P.C., our Virginia criminal defense attorneys are committed to providing superior legal representation. We work directly with every client from day one and we believe in providing responsive communication, competitive fees, and clear billing policies. If you or your loved one was arrested in Northern Virginia, our legal team is more than ready to get started. To schedule a free consultation at our Fairfax, VA or Manassas, VA offices, call 703-359-7111. We serve communities throughout Northern Virginia, including in Fairfax County, Arlington County, Prince William County, and Loudoun County.