Criminal Defense Attorneys in Fairfax, VA
When facing a criminal charge or subject to criminal prosecution, you must select an attorney who will fight vigorously for your rights and who will work with you to help you understand the immediate and future consequences of your circumstances and any decisions you must make with your case.
Obtaining effective, experienced legal counsel is extremely important to gain a proper understanding of your rights under the law and to ensure that your rights and your future are fully protected. Whether your situation involves complex charges resulting from a state or federal criminal investigation, or felony or misdemeanor charges filed in a local jurisdiction, Leary Porter Law has proven experience necessary to represent and protect your interests.
We Fight For You
With nearly multiple decades of trial experience, our criminal defense attorneys have represented clients facing criminal prosecution and who are the target of a criminal investigation for a wide range of criminal charges and issues such as:
- DWI, reckless driving and traffic offenses— The firm handles all matters related to traffic infractions and violations, including drunk driving, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, driving without a license.
- Drug crimes— Leary Porter Law handles all matters related to drug crimes, including possession, manufacturing, distribution, trafficking and other state and federal drug charges.
- Violent crimes— Our firm handles all matters related to violent crimes, including murder, manslaughter, gun crimes, malicious wounding, unlawful wounding, assault, domestic violence, robbery, burglary, breaking and entering and other serious violent misdemeanor and felony offenses in both state and federal courts.
- Sex offenses— Our attorneys handle all matters related to sex offenses, including sexual assault, rape, date rape, possession, production and distribution of child pornography.
- White collar crimes— The firm handles all matters related to white collar crimes, including fraud, false pretenses, credit card fraud, health care fraud, mail fraud, embezzlement, computer crimes, tax fraud, forgery and uttering, identity theft and other white collar crimes.
- Juvenile crimes— The firm handles all juvenile criminal matters, both misdemeanors and felonies, including drug offenses, alcohol offenses, sex crimes, violent offenses, and property and theft crimes.
- Larceny and theft offenses — Leary Porter Law handles all theft and larceny offenses, including burglary, grand and petit larceny, carjacking, shoplifting, auto theft and embezzlement.
- Probation violations — The firm handles all probation violations for adults and juveniles.
Recognized Trial Skills And A Respected Reputation
If you have been charged with a crime, you must hire skilled, dedicated and experienced representation. You want to have a fairfax criminal defense lawyer with whom you are comfortable, but most importantly an attorney who will handle your case properly and with a dedication to protecting your rights and ensuring that you understand all aspects of your circumstances.
Our attorneys have tried state and federal court bench and jury trials in criminal matters ranging from traffic offenses to serious felonies. She has litigated cases heard in the state courts of every jurisdiction in Northern Virginia, the District of Columbia, the United States 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.